[R] RODBC Multiple Results

Doran, Harold HDor@n @end|ng |rom @|r@org
Wed Mar 25 17:53:29 CET 2020

I'm calling a stored procedure that returns multiple tables and my current framework uses RODBC and sqlQuery() to communicate between R and the databases we connect to. A new stored procedure returns multiple tables and I found this on SO indicating that RODBC "may not" be able to retrieve multiple tables.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41494419/how-to-read-multiple-result-sets-returned-from-a-sql-server-stored-procedure-in

I'd very much like to continue within the structure of code I have using RODBC, so am asking if RODBC in fact *cannot* retrieve multiple tables as noted in the SO responses or if anyone has insight on how it might be feasible within the context of RODBC using  sqlQuery()?

Thanks
Harold