[R] find multiple mode, sorry for not providing enough information

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 16 09:09:50 CET 2020

Hi Ding,
While I was completely off the track in my first reply, the subsequent
posts make your problem somewhat clearer. The way you state the
problem suggests that the order of the values of "freq" is important.
That is, it is not just a matter of finding local maxima, but the
direction in which you approach those maxima is important. For
example. I might want to only identify maxima with at least four
monotonically increasing values preceding them and a decrease of at
least half the value of the maximum in the succeeding value. By
breaking down the problem into a set of criteria, these can be
implemented in a function that will search the values in one
direction, returning the locations of maxima that fulfil those
criteria.

Jim