[R] Problem launching Rcmdr

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Tue Mar 10 13:46:25 CET 2020

Dear Brian,

Normally I'd expect that a workspace saved from a previous session and loaded at the start of the current session would cause this kind of anomalous behaviour, but that doesn't explain why the Rcmdr starts up properly in a second (concurrent?) session, nor why it doesn't start up properly when R is run with the --vanilla switch.

Can you report the result of sessionInfo() at the start of a session?

If all else fails, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling R and packages.

Best,
 John

  John Fox, Professor Emeritus
  McMaster University