[R] R Compied for Mac OS X

John Kane jrkr|de@u @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 26 01:24:15 CEST 2020

What you probably have downloaded and installed is R base.  I am not
familiar with "movavg" but "ggplot" is a command from the "ggplot2"
package.  R, in total, consists of R baase and at least 1,000+ packages
that do different things. One installs and uses various packages depending
on the work one is doing. Have a look at https://cran.r-project.org/ for
most of the packages available.

You need to install "ggplot2" independently or install "tidyverse" which
will install "ggplot2" and a number of other often useful programs.

Try 'install.packages("tidyverse") and see what happens.
Or 'install.packages("gplot2")

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 19:09, Gregory Coats via R-help <r-help using r-project.org>
wrote:

> Today, I downloaded, and installed the June 6, 2020 version of R, from the
> CRAN official site at Carnegie Mellon University. Unfortunately, while the
> CMU compiled Mac OS X R application provides access to base R stat
> functions, like mean, it does not provide me with access to any of R’s more
> advanced functions like movavg, and ggplot.
> From where can I download a more complete R executable, compiled for Mac
> OS X?
> Greg Coats
>
> http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/ <http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/>
> Download R for (Mac) OS X
> R-4.0.2.pkg (notarized and signed)
> > version
> platform       x86_64-apple-darwin17.0
> arch           x86_64
> os             darwin17.0
> system         x86_64, darwin17.0
> status
> major          4
> minor          0.1
> year           2020
> month          06
> day            06
> svn rev        78648
> language       R
> version.string R version 4.0.1 (2020-06-06)
> nickname       See Things Now
> > mean
> function (x, ...)
> UseMethod("mean")