[R] Error: cannot remove prior installation of package ‘BiocManager’

Ankush Sharma @nku@h@@@k @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 19 12:07:28 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I am working R version 4.0.1 macos catalina , I´m not able to load
libraries e.g ggplot2

Error: Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘ggplot2’ in
loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 there is no package called ‘gtable’
Then i tried installing gtable,  But  installation is showing error :
Error in install.packages : cannot remove prior installation of package
‘gtable’

This is also for other packages like BiocManager, when I manually changed
the name or removed the BiocManager from the library, the package was
smoothly installed.
Any pointers on how to solve this problem without manual removal of
packages.  remove.packages command is also not working.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
*Ankush Sharma*