[R] Help about extracting data

Greg Snow 538280 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 11 01:16:40 CEST 2020

There are more than one way to do it, and it would help if you
provided some sample data.

But here is an example for one way to do it:

examp.dat <- as.data.frame(matrix(sample(1:5, 100*6, replace=TRUE), ncol=6)
tmp.count <- apply(examp.dat, 1, function(x) sum(x>=3))
examp2.dat <- examp.dat[tmp.count <= 4, ]

examp.dat is a data frame with example data.
tmp.count is then the result of applying an anonymous function to each
row, the function counts how many entries in each row are greater than
or equal to 3
examp2.dat is then created as the subset where tmp.count is less than
or equal to 4.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 12:47 PM Aya Gilad <ayagilad using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm analyzing a 6-question questionnaire. I need to exclude participants
> who answered more than 4 questions with a grade of 3 or higher.
> How do I write such a code?
> Thank you!

Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
538280 using gmail.com