[R] Yearly hourly mean and NA

Ogbos Okike g||ted|||e2014 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 3 10:59:06 CEST 2020

Dear R-Experts,
I have a cosmic ray data that span several years. The data frame is of the
form:
03 01 01 00    3809
03 01 01 01    3771
03 01 01 02    3743
03 01 01 03    3747
03 01 01 04    3737
03 01 01 05    3751
03 01 01 06    3733
03 01 01 07    3732.
where the columns 1 to 5 stand for year, month, day, hour and counts.
Some hours when the station does not have data are assigned zero, implying
there could be several zeros in column 5. Since my aim is to plot the
hourly mean for all the  years, I started learning with one year - year
2003.

I carefully went through the data, removing any day that contains zero for
any of the hours.  Instead of the 365 days in the year 2003, I ended up
with 362 days.

I saved that as CLMX1C (now stored in Ogbos2 with dput function, see
attached please).

If I run the data with my script, it gives me what I am expecting. My
script is:
d<-read.table("CLMX1C",col.names=c("h","count"))
y<-d$count
data<-(y-mean(y))/mean(y)*100

A<-matrix(rep(1:24,362))
B<-matrix(data)

 oodf<-data.frame(A,B)
 oodf<-data.frame(A,B)
library(plotrix)
std.error<-function(x) return(sd(x)/(sum(!is.na(x))))
oomean<-as.vector(by(oodf$B,oodf$A,mean))
oose<-as.vector(by(oodf$B,oodf$A,std.error))
plot(1:24,oomean,type="b",ylim=c(-0.4,0.5),
 xlab="Hours",ylab="CR count",main="CR daily variation for 2004")
dispersion(1:24,oomean,oose,arrow.cap=.01)

Now, instead of foraging through the big data removing the day for which
there is a missing data for any hour, I wish to try to replace the missing
data with NA and hoping that it will do the job for me.

I added just three lines in the script above:
d<-read.table("2003",col.names=c("y","m","d","h","count"))
y<-d$count
df<-data.frame(y)#line 1
library('dplyr') # line 2
y<-na_if(df, 0) #line 3
data<-(y-mean(y))/mean(y)*100.
Then I started getting error messages:
Error in is.data.frame(x) :
  (list) object cannot be coerced to type 'double'
In addition: There were 26 warnings (use warnings() to see them).

I hope you will assist me to deal with the issues of replacing zeros with
NA in column 5 in such a way that my code will run.

Iam ever indebted!!
Best regards
Ogbos