[R] A Question about MLE in R

Andrew Robinson @pro @end|ng |rom un|me|b@edu@@u
Fri Jul 24 21:12:48 CEST 2020

Hi John,

I wonder if you can suggest some reading material on that topic?  A cursory search of the net doesn't uncover anything obvious.

Andrew

--
Andrew Robinson
Director, CEBRA and Professor of Biosecurity,
School/s of BioSciences and Mathematics & Statistics
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia
Tel: (+61) 0403 138 955
Email: apro using unimelb.edu.au
Website: https://researchers.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~apro@unimelb/

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land I inhabit, and pay my respects to their Elders.
On Jul 22, 2020, 10:49 PM +1000, J C Nash <profjcnash using gmail.com>, wrote:
SANN is almost NEVER the tool to use.

I've given up trying to get it removed from optim(), and will soon give up
on telling folk not to use it.

JN

On 2020-07-22 3:06 a.m., Zixuan Qi wrote:
Hi,

I encounter a problem. I use optim() function in R to estimate likelihood
function and the method is SANN in the optim function.
out <-
optim(parm,logLik,method='SANN',hessian=T,control=list(maxit=5000000))

However, I find that each time I run the program, I will get different
values of parameters. My initial values are same, but the number of
iterations has reached the maximum limit. I expanded the number of
iterations to 5 million, but it��s still wrong.

I want to know what I should do. Is anyone willing to help me? Thanks so
much!

Best,
Cisy