[R] viewing, editing and saving an RDATA file

Robert Baer rb@er @end|ng |rom @t@u@edu
Wed Jul 22 23:28:47 CEST 2020

You may misunderstand how RData files work.  Note that RData files are
not necessarily JUST a single variable unless they were explicitly
written to store a single variable only.

If you save a single variable (a dataframe, for example) named 'mydata'
with save(mydata, file = "saveddata.RData") and then load the variable
back into a new R session with y  <- load("saveddata.RData"), your data
will still be contained in a variable named 'mydata',  not renamed  y.

Look at ?load and ?save