[R] Installation of a source package in R

Tue Jul 21 23:16:24 CEST 2020

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 20:26:16 +0000
peri He <statistics84 using hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am still getting error when I run: install.packages
> ("package.tar.gz', repos = NULL,  type = "source").

It's a good idea to specify both the things you are doing (which you
did) and the results you are getting, i.e. the exact error message
(which you didn't), otherwise providing help may be impossible.

Please see the link below each message on this mailing list for the
posting guide. <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
could also be useful.

> Is that possible my system doesn't allow Rstudio to compile some
> information in C++ ?

The answer may depend on what exactly you have installed: versions of
your operating system, R, RStudio, Rtools, etc. Some things may also
depend on the package you are trying to install.

--
Best regards,
Ivan