[R] Help with read.csv.sql()

Rasmus Liland jr@| @end|ng |rom po@teo@no
Tue Jul 21 06:07:25 CEST 2020

On 2020-07-20 17:54 -0400, H wrote:
> On 07/18/2020 11:42 PM, Rasmus Liland wrote:
> >
> > The thing is, defining the second column
> > as of type Date in colClasses happens to
> > work, but it's still character when you
> > check with str(dat) ... perhaps it has
> > something to do with this info from [4]:
> >
> > 	as_tibble_row() converts a vector to
> > 	a tibble with one row. The input
> > 	must be a bare vector, e.g. vectors
> > 	of dates are not supported yet. If
> > 	the input is a list, all elements
> > 	must have length one.
> >
> > [4] https://tibble.tidyverse.org/reference/as_tibble.html
>
> Thank you for your extensive example.
> However, I have decided to simply
> convert column types as necessary and
> rename columns as desired after
> importing the data since that seems
> the simplest solution.

Dear H,

Right, I am glad you figured this out.
Please just elaborate (if you want
to/are able) what solution/idea you were
after so I, others, learn something for
another time.

I imagined you were sitting on tonnes of
csv files and were going to handle dates
on some very specific, rarely-occurring
rows in there ...

Best,
Rasmus