[R] crash when opening existing scripts

Oliver Balmer o||ver@b@|mer @end|ng |rom un|b@@@ch
Mon Jul 6 23:38:23 CEST 2020

I have a newly installed R (v. 4.0.2) on an all new MacBook Pro with OS
Catalina (v. 10.15.4). R works perfectly smooth except for one thing:
Many of my scripts (but not all - and consistently the same) will cause
R to crash when I attempt to open them either by double-clicking them or
by opening them from within R with File>Open Recent. I never had that
problem before and I did not find answers to this problem in older posts
or StackOverflow. The only way to open them is to open them in another
text editor and copy-paste them into a new script within R. But when I
then save that new script and try to reopen it, the same thing happens
again.

*Dr. Oliver Balmer*
Project leader
Tel. +41 (0)61 284 87 48
oliver.balmer using swisstph.ch

*Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute*
Socinstrasse 57, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
www.swisstph.ch