[R] Opening Another Application in R Then Hangs

Sparks, John j@p@rk4 @end|ng |rom u|c@edu
Mon Jul 6 02:26:03 CEST 2020

For posterity, Abby's suggestion is spot on.

The small program below demonstrates the functionality.  May need to change numbers in mouse.move depending on where your copy of Notepad opens up.  You can find the position of your mouse on the screen using mouse.get_cursor()

Thanks to all, but especially to Abby.

--JJS

library(KeyboardSimulator)
setwd("C:/Users/JSparks/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Accessories")
shell ("Notepad", wait=FALSE)
Sys.sleep(3)
mouse.move(362,300)
mouse.click()