[R] Opening Another Application in R Then Hangs

Sparks, John j@p@rk4 @end|ng |rom u|c@edu
Mon Jul 6 00:16:12 CEST 2020

Hi Jeff,

Greatly appreciate your reply, but I don't quite understand it.

Perhaps I should give a little more detail.

For this example, I want to open notepad, then go to notepad and type something in.  So the program

library(KeyboardSimulator)
setwd("C:/Users/JSparks/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Accessories")
system2("Notepad",invisible=FALSE)
mouse.move(2423,236)
mouse.click()
keybd.type_string("Hello world!")

would do this, but it does not advance passed the system2 command.

Best wishes,
--JJS