[R] Can I pass the grouped portions of a dataframe/tibble to a function in dplyr

Sun Jul 5 13:16:19 CEST 2020

Hello,

I forgot to say I redid the data set setting the RNG seed first.

set.seed(2020)
n <- 50
x <- 1:n
y <- sample(1:3, n, replace = TRUE)
z <- rnorm(n)
tib <- tibble(x,y,z)

Also, don't do

as_tibble(cbind(...))
as.data.frame(cbind(...))

If one of the variables is of a different class (example, "character")
all variables are coerced to the least common denominator. It's much
better to call tibble() or data.frame() directly.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas