[R] File names for mac newby

David p@rkhur@ @end|ng |rom |nd|@n@@edu
Tue Jan 21 18:20:14 CET 2020

I moved to a mac a few months ago after years in windows, and I'm still
learning basics.  I'm wanting to create a data frame based on a text
file called HouseTemps.txt.  That's a file within one called house which
is within one called ah.  That may further be in one called  Documents.
I tried various lines like:

temps <-
read.table("c:\\Users\\DFP\\Documents\\ah\\house\\HouseTemps.txt",header=T,row.names=1)

based on my windows DOS experience, but nothing I try works.  So my
question is, what do complete file names look like in a mac?

I tried Apple support, but they couldn't help me with R.