[R] Mixed format

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 21 11:49:49 CET 2020

Perhaps flogging a dead horse here, but notice that your desired output has lines C and D in conflicting formats, since you can't have 19 in both 1st and 2nd position. Also, it is not clear that A-C are not yy-mm-dd, with B being November 20 2022.

If you can ensure that formats are at least consistent within xx-yy-zz and xx/yy/zzzz, then you can do as Rui suggests (possibly safeguarded by comparing results for several formats), otherwise you are a bit "up the roof without a paddle".

-pd