[R] Help to solve modeling problem with gamm

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Feb 29 10:18:59 CET 2020

Sorry, I need to apologize.

My statement that "In general, linear models work well for biological
growth curves with small to medium sized data", may not be correct.
Also, I read through you code too quickly, my bad...

If you want to set weights (not sure if that's a good idea or not
here), I'd recommend you set them to a ***numeric vector***.

Your code is trying to set the weights to more complex objects (from
the nlme package), and it's possible that the gamm function is trying
to coerce them to numeric vectors, and that may be causing problems.

For nontrivial weights, you may want to compute weights (ensuring that
they are a numeric vector) in a separate step, and then fit the model
in a second step.