[R] file.access returning -1 for a file on remote Windows drive.

Sat Feb 29 00:20:43 CET 2020

I don't know.

Windows uses Access Control Lists, while POSIX (e.g. Linux) uses user/group/other classification. These two world views do not have a simple 1:1 correspondence, so you might see some difference between your file security configuration in the file properties.

Then again there are some hints online that the problem is not new... there is a package called R.utils that may help.