[R] Converting irregular time series data into ts object

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 19 16:41:03 CET 2020

Sorry there were some errors in my email. Use this instead.

Assuming that they both cover the same period of time then
if you are willing to throw away some points then
consider using only these 256 elements from the 305 series

  round(seq(1, 305, length = 256))
  ##  [1]   1   2   3   5

That is use the 1st 2nd, 3rd, 5th, etc. point in each year from the
305 series.  This aligns them by throwing away 305-256=49
points per year in the 305 series so that both series can be
set up with a frequency of 256 points per year.

email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com