[R] Increasing space for main title in a lattice (xyplot()) graphics.

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Thu Feb 13 05:58:39 CET 2020

I'm trying to do an xyplot() with a longish main title that I'd like to
split into two lines, something like

     xyplot(<whatever>,
            main="The quick brown fox jumped\n over the lazy dog.")

When I do this I only get the last half, i.e. the "over the lazy dog."
bit, and the first half doesn't appear.

In base graphics I'd handle this sort of thing by increasing the third
entry of the "mar" parameter.

How can increase the space allocated for the title in lattice graphics?
I've done a substantial amount of Googling and can't find anything
helpful.  I've fiddled about with trellis.par.set() and cannot seem to
get any effect.

Could someone please give my poor feeble brain some guidance?  Ta.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow