[R] comparing variances between two sets of p values for two different conditions

Bert Gunter bgunter@4567 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 4 19:43:03 CET 2020


Bert Gunter

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along and
sticking things into it."
-- Opus (aka Berkeley Breathed in his "Bloom County" comic strip )

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 9:12 AM Ana Marija <sokovic.anamarija using gmail.com>

> Hello,
> I have a set of two conditions: individual.variance and
> intra.individual.variance
> with their p values.
> Does it make sense to compare variances between those two groups with
> F test via:


> var.test(b$inter.individual.variance, b$intra.individual.variance,
> alternative = "two.sided")
> If not which test you would recommend in this case?

As you have been told before, I believe, such questions are generally
offtopic here. For purely statistical issues, post on a statistical site
like stats.stackexchange.com

> Thanks
> Ana
> ______________________________________________
> R-help using r-project.org mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide
> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

More information about the R-help mailing list