[R] Windows path backward slash

Tom Woolman twoo|m@n @end|ng |rom ont@rgettek@com
Thu Dec 24 20:11:08 CET 2020

In Windows versions of R/RStudio when refering to filename paths, you
need to either use two "\\" characters instead of one, OR use the
reverse slash "/" as used in Linux/Unix. It's an unfortunate conflict
between R and Windows in that a single \ character by itself is
treated as an escape character.

It's all Microsoft's fault for using the wrong direction slash in
MS-DOS and not conforming to Unix style c. 1980.