[R] How to perform package cleanup when R session is ending?

Jiefei Wang @zwj|08 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 18 16:29:14 CET 2020

Hi,

I am looking for a way to clean up my package resources before R is ended.
It looks like the .onUnload function would not be helpful as it would not
be called before R is ended. This behavior has been described in the
document:

*Note that packages are not detached nor namespaces unloaded at the end of
an R session unless the user arranges to do so (e.g., via .Last).*

I have also searched for ?.Last as the document says. However, the .Last
function is for the end user to use, not for the package developers, so I
am clueless now. How to clean up my package before R ends? Any suggestions?

Best,
Jiefei