[R] Need recommendation for hash table which accepts integer keys

Robert Dodier robert@dod|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 16 00:55:51 CET 2020

Hi, I'd like to use integers as keys in a hash table. Can someone
recommend a hash table implementation? I would like to avoid doing
something like substituting "123" for 123.

Here's what I know about different implementations so far:

env (built-in) -- integer keys not allowed
Dict (CRAN) -- integer keys not allowed
hash (CRAN) -- integer keys not allowed

nfultz/ht (Github) -- keys can be integers; advertised as being basic
and for teaching
mkuhn/dict (Github) -- keys can be integers; project is dormant
nathan-russell/hashmap (Github) -- keys can be integers; limitations on values

I wonder if anyone can suggest a hash table implementation. Perhaps
one way to get to an answer is to ask, what did you use last time you
needed a hash table which was going beyond what env provides?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate your help.

Robert Dodier