[R] Help with connection issue for R (just joined, leading R for our agency)

Jeremie Juste jerem|eju@te @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 11 12:24:39 CET 2020

Hello Alejandra,

|| On Tuesday,  8 Dec 2020 at 10:48, Alejandra Barrio Gorski wrote:

Welcome to the mailing list.
> Greetings, I am new to this list. I joined because I am pioneering the use
> of R for the agency I work for. I essentially work alone and would like to
> reach out for help on an issue I have been having. Here it is:
Pioneering R is far from an easy task especially if you are doing it on
your own. Hat for raising up to the challenge!

This is mailing list is dedicated to R usage and I'm afraid you won't
find a lot of help regarding the working of R-Studio here.

|| On Wednesday,  9 Dec 2020 at 10:35, Martin Maechler wrote:
> Also, yes indeed, government (or company) firewalls *do* lead
> to problems which are sometimes much more prominent when using R
> via Rstudio, rather than using R "alone" (or via ESS which I use
> 99% of the time, "Emacs Speaks Statistics").

That said, I take the opportunity Martin gave me to advertise that both
Emacs and  Emacs Speaks Statistics works on Windows as well. The entry cost might seem
expensive in the beginning but I assure you it will pay very quickly.

- For emacs
   - https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/tour/
   - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iagbv974GlQ
   - emacs mailing-list help-gnu-emacs using gnu.org

- For ESS
   -  https://ess.r-project.org/