[R] Best settings for RStudio video recording?

Sun Aug 16 07:32:25 CEST 2020

a) Read about it yourself. It is a legal definition.

b) Don't "correct" me with misinformation you are clearly inventing. RStudio the software does not "introduce people to a modified version of R." Each user has to opt in to that "modified" experience by explicitly installing each of the the many CRAN packages that various employees of RStudio have created and all of which can (to my knowledge) be used without installing the RStudio IDE at all. Yes, a bunch of them can be grabbed at once by installing the tidyverse package, but that is also a choice made by users and by instructors struggling to deal with students who have a hard time with Excel much less functional programming. But RStudio is an R IDE.

There are a lot of packages sponsored by RStudio that I find redundant and slow, but portraying the RStudio company or the IDE as inherently "not R" just because newbies like the IDE and the packages they sponsor, and who end up confusing R with RStudio even though they have to install both, is small-minded and biased.