[R] Date Conversion Problem

Stephen P. Molnar @@mo|n@r @end|ng |rom @bcg|ob@|@net
Wed Aug 12 16:56:53 CEST 2020

i have written an R script which allow me to plot the number of Covid-10
cases reported by he state of Ohio. In that se t of data the date format
is in the form yyyy-mm-dd.

My script uses:

datebreaks <- seq(as.Date("2020-01-01"), as.Date("2020-08-10"), by="1 week")
            .
            .
            .
       + scale_x_date(breaks=datebreaks)
       + theme(axis.text.x = element_text(angle=30, hjust=1))

to plot the data.

The COVID Tracking Project publishes considerably more data than does
the state of Ohio. However, The project supplies daily statistics using
the date format YYYYMMDD.I have done some searching, but I can't seem to
find a solution (that I can understand).

How can I change the date forma from YYYYMMDD tp YYYY-MM-DD?

Thanks is advanced.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
www.molecular-modeling.net