[R] Rtools required

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Tue Apr 28 16:38:09 CEST 2020

Dear Steven,

The first command writes the modification to your path in the .Renviron file in your home directory, which should be executed at the start of each R session. I assume that you executed the second command in a fresh session, and it indicates that the Rtools are indeed accessible.

Given that, I don't know why you're still having a problem, assuming that you tried to build the package in a fresh session *after* you created .Renviron.

Sorry I can't be of more help,
 John