[R] R create .docx file ?

A Biologist jeremyc|@rkb|o @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 9 19:15:39 CEST 2020

Many thanks ! Bert Gunter's answer is of course correct. The maintainer
suggests Stackoverflow or commercial advice - which is worrying as I have
some further questions concerning lists in [officer} - but first I'll do
some more research !

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 5:12 PM Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
wrote:

> Rmarkdown is my first choice as well... but the options available there
> for controlling PDF output via LaTeX macros are incredibly powerful, while
> the options available for controlling Word output from Rmarkdown are
> extremely limited by comparison. ReporteRs and officeR provide considerably
> more fine-grained control over Word formatting and layout than Rmarkdown
> supports, so for meshing R output into an existing Word-based workflow
> without lots of manual tweaking there is no comparison.
>
> On April 8, 2020 10:12:36 PM PDT, cpolwart using chemo.org.uk wrote:
> >DocX is quite a complex file..it's actually a zip file which contains
> >an XML file describing the text and sub folders with other content such
> >as images.
> >

> >The description of need is a little vague - but may be the way it is
> >described. Rmarkdown For instance can generate output to word.
> >ODFweave (now discontinued I think) can output to odx which can be
> >opened in word. Although it starts with a odx file and generated a new
> >version of it.
> >

> >I use Rmarkdown to generate reports (mine are PDF) and if someone said
> >could I do a word document report I'd start with markdown...
> >

> >On 8 Apr 2020 18:08, Bert Gunter <bgunter.4567 using gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >But the OP explicitly notes that the read_docx package does *not* write
> >
> >files and asks whether there are *other* packages or functions that
> >provide
> >that functionality. It still seems to me that the ReporteR maintainer
> >might
> >be the best place to go for that info, although there is certainly no
> >assurance that he can provide it.
> >
> >Bert
> >
> >On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 9:56 AM Jeff Newmiller
> ><jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> But before hassling the maintainer the OP should read the package
> >> vignettes and run some examples... read_docx does not write to any
> >files,
> >> so complaining that it doesn't will be fruitless.

> >such

> >along

> ><jeremyclarkbio using gmail.com>

> >from
> >document,
> >".docx"))

> >.docx

> >> --
> >> Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.

> --

dr hab. n. med. Jeremy Clark, prof. PUM,

Department of Clinical & Molecular Biochemistry,

Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin; Pomorski Uniwersytet Medyczny w
Szczecinie,

Zakład Biochemii Klinicznej i Molekularnej,

ul. Powstancow Wlkp. 72, 70-111 Szczecin, Poland.

Tel. 0048 570112192; Tel. 004891 4661490; Fax. 004891 4661492

Email:   jeremyclarkbio using gmail.com