[R] Help needed: gdal-configuration to install sf package in Mac OS Catalina

Bijesh Mishra bj@@m|@r@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 6 06:27:08 CEST 2020

Hi,
I am using R in Mac. I was trying to install sf package but could not and
got error. Detail message of error is under this email. It seems like I
have to run gdal- configuration, but not sure what that means. Do you have
any idea about that?

This is the message I got while installing SF package:

configure: error: gdal-config not found or not executable.
ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘sf’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/sf’
Error: Failed to install 'sf' from GitHub:
  (converted from warning) installation of package
‘/var/folders/5_/74nhx31d521cjc_gjz58nh8r0000gn/T//RtmpO7v2bW/filea6321afd2c24/sf_0.9-1.tar.gz’
had non-zero exit status

--
Kind Regards,
Bijesh Mishra.