[R] Fwd: Vegan Function anova.cca: No Significance Codes Legend in Output

melissa schindler me||@@k@@me||me| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 25 19:55:18 CEST 2019

Hello all,

I have run a redundancy analysis on Hellinger transformed species abundance
data and environmental variables.

Once I ran the RDA I proceeded to run a permutation on the resulting rda
overall and by "axis" and the outputs did not provide a legend of
significance codes.

Even if none of the axes were significant am I correct in assuming the
legend should still be listed in the results of the permutations?

Is this a glitch in Vegan 2.5-6 or could something be wrong with my
analysis?

*The following is the output of the anova.cca*

anova.cca(rda, by="axis")
'nperm' >= set of all permutations: complete enumeration.
Set of permutations < 'minperm'. Generating entire set.
Permutation test for rda under reduced model
Forward tests for axes
Permutation: free
Number of permutations: 119

Model: rda(formula = spe.hel ~ Conduct + DO + pH, data = Zscore_env_var)
         Df Variance       F Pr(>F)
RDA1      1 0.186195 41.4450 0.2333
RDA2      1 0.002051  0.4564 0.8833
Residual  2 0.008985
*Significance code legend should be listed here with asterisk's denoting
the p-values*

> anova.cca(rda)
'nperm' >= set of all permutations: complete enumeration.
Set of permutations < 'minperm'. Generating entire set.
Permutation test for rda under reduced model
Permutation: free
Number of permutations: 119

Model: rda(formula = spe.hel ~ Conduct + DO + pH, data = Zscore_env_var)
         Df Variance      F Pr(>F)
Model     3 0.188246 6.9836  0.225
Residual  1 0.008985

*Significance code legend should be listed here with asterisk's denoting
the p-values*

Thanks for your time!

Melissa