[R] Requesting Assistance with a Backend Question

Caughman, Vanessa (OATH) vc@ughm@n @end|ng |rom o@th@nyc@gov
Wed Sep 25 00:35:39 CEST 2019

Good Evening All,

A unit in my agency - The Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings - is requesting R programming software be made accessible within our network.

Because it is an Open Source application, our Cyber Security group has asked for the following information, about the application, be sought -

Does this application require any access, on the backend, when processing or performing analytics; to any parts of the Cloud environment.

I have read through a lot of the information on the R website and FAQs, but I am not finding any clear answers regarding whether there is any need or ability for the application to access the Cloud.

The unit is working in a Windows, networked environment.

Any assistance in answering these questions will assist in the decision to introduce the application into our networked environment.

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Vanessa

Vanessa J. Caughman-NeSmith
Certified Network Administrator (LAN/WAN)
Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings
100 Church Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY  10007
212.933.3028