[R] cygwin clipboard

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 22 14:31:34 CEST 2019

What Duncan says, but in case you are feeling adventurous or have strong reasons to be in the Cygwin parallel universe, notice that the error indicates that R is loooking for an X11 display.

So, at a minimum, you need to have

(a) an X11 display server running
(b) R setup so that it knows how to find X11 (usually via the DISPLAY env. variable)

Even so, you still risk finding that the X11 clipboard does not integrate with the Windows clipboard, so al bets are off.

- pd