[R] cygwin clipboard

Tue May 21 17:33:07 CEST 2019

I think the "clipboard" filename is handled in the Windows build of R. I don't use the cygwin build of R, so I can't test, but Googling "cygwin clipboard" finds references to "/dev/clipboard" implemented by cygwin independent from R.

I can't let the opportunity pass to strongly recommend avoiding work processes that route data through the clipboard... it is an anti-pattern for reproducibility... and reproducibility leads to incremental process improvement and more defensible results.