[R] [FORGED] Re: Quantile Density Contours

Bernard McGarvey mcg@rvey@bern@rd @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Wed Mar 27 21:55:18 CET 2019

If I understand correctly the ContourLines function gives you the contour lines when you put in the data. But before this I need to data to put into that function. I think this is something like a 2D CDF of the data that then leads to the 2D quantiles but I am not 100% sure. What I am basically looking for is the 2D curve that encloses say 95% of the data in a similar fashion to a 1D quantile where the quantile represents the value that x% of the data is below. I think what I am looking for is the 2D bivariate version of the 1D quantile plot (where the quantile value is plotted vs the % value).

I hope this makes some sense.

Bernard McGarvey

Director, Fort Myers Beach Lions Foundation, Inc.

Retired (Lilly Engineering Fellow).