[R] Quantile Density Contours

Bernard McGarvey mcg@rvey@bern@rd @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Mon Mar 25 19:53:13 CET 2019

I want to see if I can reproduce the plot below in R. If I understand it correctly, i takes my bivariate data and creates quantile density contours. My interpretation of these contours is that they enclose a certain % of the total data. I am using the bkde2D function in library KernSmooth which gives density values that can be plotted on a contour plot but I would like the curves that enclose a given % of the data, if that is possible

Thanks

Bernard McGarvey

Director, Fort Myers Beach Lions Foundation, Inc.

Retired (Lilly Engineering Fellow).