[R] creating a dataframe with full_join and looping over a list of lists.

Matthew mccorm@ck @end|ng |rom mo|b|o@mgh@h@rv@rd@edu
Thu Mar 21 22:08:45 CET 2019

   My apologies, my first e-mail formatted very poorly when sent, so I am trying again with something I hope will be less confusing.

I have been trying create a dataframe by looping through a list of lists,
and using dplyr's full_join so as to keep common elements on the same row.
But, I have a couple of problems.

1) The lists have different numbers of elements.

2) In the final dataframe, I would like the column names to be the names
of the lists.

Is it possible ?

Code: *for(j in avector){****mydf3 <- data.frame(myenter) ****atglsts <-
as.data.frame(comatgs[j]) ****mydf3 <- full_join(mydf3, atglsts) ****}*
Explanation: # Start out with a list, myenter, to dataframe. mydf3 now
has 1 column. # This first column will be the longest column in the
final mydf3. # Loop through a list of lists, comatgs, and with each loop
a particular list # is made into a dataframe of one column, atglsts. #
The name of the column is the name of the list. # Each atglsts dataframe
has a different number of elements. # What I want to do, is to add the
newly made dataframe, atglsts, as a # new column of the data frame,
mydf3 using full_join # in order to keep common elements on the same
row. # I could rename the colname to 'AGI' so that I can join by 'AGI',
# but then I would lose the name of the list. # In the final dataframe,
I want to know the name of the original list # the column was made from. Matthew