[R] Fwd: high p values

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Tue Mar 19 19:22:00 CET 2019

Any reasonable test of whether two samples differ should be scale and
location invariant.  E.g., if you measure temperature it should not matter
if you units are degrees Fahrenheit or micro-Kelvins.  Thus saying the
medians are 3500 and 6200 is equivalent to saying they are 100.035 and
100.062: it does not tell use how different the samples are.  You need to
consider how much overlap there is.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com