[R] plot.xmean.ordinaly vs plot() in package "rms"

Sun Mar 17 03:08:29 CET 2019

Read up on S3 object orientation[1]. If you have an object x of class "xmean.ordinaly" then writing

plot(x)

will end up invoking the plot.xmean.ordinaly function rather than the plot.default function in base graphics. This is broadly true throughout R.

[1] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/S3.html