[R] About wilcox test

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Tue Mar 12 17:40:18 CET 2019

On 3/12/19 9:23 AM, Thomas Subia via R-help wrote:
> Javid wrote:
>
> "I have two set of data in excel:
> A column( 16.38, -31, -16.77, 127, -57, 23.44 and so on)
> B column ( -12, -59.23, -44, 34.23, 55.5, -12.12 and so on)

If those are in an excel spreadsheet than you need to indicate exactly
how they  became `mydata`. And then you need to read the help page. The
Usage section indicates that there are two forms. The first which you
are in effect choosing has the first two arguments as data objects. The
second version which appear to desire has a formula object as it first
argument. Try:

This would be a way to use the first form:

  with( mydata, wilcox.test(A,  B,  paired = FALSE))

And this would succeed for the second form under the assumption that it
is a dataframe with only two columns of numeric data:

  wilcox.test(values~ ind, data=stack(mydata), paired = FALSE)

Please read the Posting guide and in the future post in plain text.

David