[R] Error in Cairo::Cairo(file = imgName, unit = "in", dpi = dpi, width = w, : Failed to create Cairo backend!

Marcelo Laia m@rce|o|@|@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 4 18:41:29 CET 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to do a MetaboAnalystR [1]'s analysis with a large dataset. All works
great except PlotHeatMap function. This functions plot two type of image output:
"overview" and "detail". In "overview" mode, we can do plot the image in png or
pdf. However, in this mode, we do not could see the heatmap genes labels [2]. If
I try to "detail" mode, in pdf graphics device, an output image [3] is
generated. However, it wasn't opened in acroread, evince. It is only viewed in
xpdf. If I try to "detail" mode, in png graphics device, I got the error:

Error in Cairo::Cairo(file = imgName, unit = "in", dpi = dpi, width = w, :
Failed to create Cairo backend!

I figured out that this error is not MetaboAnalystR related. Maybe it is related
with Cairo package/library.

Someone already/yet having had this issue? Are there workaround for that?

Best Wishes!

--
Marcelo