[R] Assumptions ANOVA

Eleftheria Dalmaris ed@|m@r|@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 28 14:34:12 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I need to run the following ANOVA

b <- aov(y ~ a +b*(factor(a)/b) + c + d + e)

I'm checking the assumption of the normality of the residuals and then the
Levene's Test for Homogeneity of Variance. I first transform my data so the
normality assumption is met, but if I do that the Homogeneity of Variance
test is failing to be met. If I transform them again for the Levene's Test
to be OK, then the normality assumption is not.

Is one of those two test more important than the other? Both of those
assumptions should be met?

Is it bet to choose a kruskal.test and not an ANOVA since I'm facing those
kinds of issues?

Thanks a lot,
Eleftheria