[R] Help with numeric and character separation

Sun Jun 16 19:03:49 CEST 2019

Posting your question using anything but plain text  format (you used HTML) end up as more or less of a mess once the formatting gets stripped by the mailing list. Please read the Posting Guide as use plain text email.

Re your question... you should look at ?read.fwf.