[R] Help with numeric and character separation

Sun Jun 16 18:58:04 CEST 2019

1. Post in **plain text** not  html, please.

2. This looks like a vector, not a data frame.

3. Use ?strsplit:

> ex <- "a.1"
> strsplit(ex,"\\.")
[[1]]

See ?regex  for info on regular expressions in R.
If you are confused about the data structures of input or output, time to
spend time with basic R tutorials.

-- Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."