[R] Mysterious NOTE when checking package

Christian Martin Hennig chr|@t|@n@henn|g @end|ng |rom un|bo@|t
Mon Jun 3 23:10:51 CEST 2019

Dear Marc,

> Two things:
>
> 1. This should be posted to R-package-devel, which is focused on R/CRAN package development:

> 2. What are the exact commands that you used to build and then check the package?
>
> "R CMD build" should result in a source tarball with the extension ".tar.gz", which should then be used fully in the "R CMD check" call.
>
> Perhaps the file that you named in the R CMD check call is not correct?

thanks for this, will join R-package-devel and post there.

The file is a .tar.gz as it should be. R CMD check was used in the same
way I used it hundred times before (actually two weeks ago on another
package that didn't bring up this problem). I think R-devel was updated
in the meantime, so it may have to do with the last version.

Christian

--
Christian Hennig
Universita di Bologna, Dipartimento di Scienze Statistiche "Paolo Fortunati"