[R] R 3.6.1

Jan Galkowski b@ye@|@n|og|c@1 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 17 03:56:28 CEST 2019

Did something seriously change in R 3.6.1 at least for Windows in terms of stack impacts?

I'm encountering many problems with the 00UNLOCK, needing to disable locking during installations.

And I'm encountering

> Error: C stack usage 63737888 is too close to the limit

for cases I did not before, even when all I'm doing is serializing an object to be saved with *saveRDS* or even *save.image(.)*.

Yes, I know, I did not append a minimally complete example. Just wanted to see if it was just me, or if anyone else was seeing this.

It's on Windows 7 HE and I've run *R* here for years.

My inclination is to drop back to 3.6.0 if it is just me or if no one knows about this problem.

Thanks,

 - Jan Galkowski.