[R] Blocking and Nesting ANOVA

Bob O'Hara rn|@boh @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 2 15:46:25 CEST 2019

No, it isn't correct I'm afraid. From what you describe, Population
isn't nested within Sex or Maturity.  Population 1 can contain both
male and female trees, as well as trees of different ages.

A simpler model would be

lm (PAC ~  Season + Population + Sex + Maturity)

So that Sex and Maturity have the same effect in each population. If
you think their effects vary between populations, then you would want

lm (PAC ~  Season + Population*Sex + Population*Maturity)

which is the same as lm (PAC ~  Season + Population*(Sex + Maturity)).

Bob