[R] lm model......

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Fri Jan 25 10:30:48 CET 2019

dear members,
                            I am a day trader based in INDIA. I use R for my research.

I have simple question: Does the predict() function in R in linear regression model take into account the residuals?
Or it just calculates the new value from the fitted coefficients of the formula,  as got from the lm model?

I could have looked into the code of predict() function but I thought I could get more insightful answer from experts in this mailing list...

very many thanks for your time and effort....
yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI