[R] Opening R

Sun Jan 20 20:05:07 CET 2019

I don't see any attachments. I agree with Eric... depending on images in questions posed here is an unreliable strategy.

Re: pop-up messages regarding re-installation on Windows... I have never seen that occur with R, but I have seen it with other programs years ago. There are settings that Windows can apply that make newer versions of Windows behave as though they were older versions while running a specific program. As long as you are installing a current version of R downloaded from a valid CRAN mirror I don't think this compatibility feature should be triggered by R, so my recommendation would be to completely uninstall R and re-install a freshly retrieved copy. I would also warn against using any special Administrator privileges during install... if you are prompted by Windows about installing software then agree, but I would not expect you to have to take other special steps when running the setup program.